Papaya is a nutritious fruit that is very easy to digest and contributes to the digestion of other foods. It contains small amount of an enzyme. This enzyme is capable of digesting 200 times its own weight in proteins. Add this papaya recipe to your holistic health and wellness.
1 small green papaya, OR 1/2 large
1 green mango
1/2 cup roasted peanuts or cashews
1 to 2 tomatoes, cut into thin wedges or long strips
3 spring onions, cut into long matchstick-like pieces
1/2 cup fresh basil, leaves left whole or chopped
handful of fresh coriander
1 red chili, sliced, seeds removed (reduce or omit, to taste)
Optional: 1 cup blanched green beans
Optional: unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1 Tbsp. Tamari sauce (or organic wheat-free reduced sodium tamari sauce)
- 3 Tbsp. lime juice
- 1/2 to 1 Tbsp. agave nectar/ liquid honey, to taste
- 1/8 to 1/4 tsp. chili sauce or cayenne pepper, to taste
1. Mix tamari sauce, lime juice, agave nectar and chili sauce. Adjust agave nectar and chili according to taste. Set aside.
3. Blanch green beans and set aside.
4. Peel mango, then shred. A simple peeler can be used.
5. One medium papaya cut in half. Remove seeds.
6. Peel the skin of the papaya, then shred.
7. Chop onions.
8. Chop basil leaves.
9. Cut tomatoes on wedges.
10. Add all ingredients above. Then combine coriander and peanuts.
11. Decorate with a little coconut on the top.